Are you, one of the 9 out of 10 women in our country today, who is in a war with your beauty? Do you believe the only way you’ll have the beauty you want, the beauty men will be attracted to, is by controlling your beauty: overly working out, finding that color to match your complexion, or that lip stick that he likes me to wear, massively depriving diets, and repeatedly telling your image what is not OK about it (which is putting it mildly)? At rock bottom do you realize that you believe that your beauty is dangerous?
Do you realize there is another way? Do you know your beauty is the way you experience life and if you lock it up, or are afraid of it, you deprive yourself of being fully alive, fully present, living moment to moment. Are you willing to unlock the door and stop treating your body as if it were a wild animal but rather a wise friend?
Are you ready to Love your beauty, discover who and what it really is, break out of centuries of bondage, and reclaim your female power, beauty and freedom from the inside out?
We found this amazing fashion layout by Zen Magazine Africa that showcases beauty and loving yourself. After viewing the amazing visuals here’s 3 ways you can Love Yourself more!
1. Now – There is only one way: accept your beauty as it is now. There is a place in us that lives from acceptance and love, it loves and accepts what is, and doesn’t judge. Look at your beauty from the place in you that loves and accepts what is.
2. Acceptance – Your acceptance has to be from your head and your heart. You are not accepting when your head says “I accept” while you are feeling otherwise from your heart. That’s conflict, not acceptance.
3. Your Body – Make your beauty & body your friend and partner.
4. Listen to all the needs of your body – bodies like to rest, play, sleep, move, dance, breathe, and much more.
5. Don’t act out of Obligation – When we feel obligated to do something we take away from ourselves and from the person that we are trying to help; obligation can often turn into enabling so be careful to only act out of love not obligation.
6. Do only what FEELS good and LET your self feel good – If it doesn’t feel good in your body don’t do it! More to the point allowing ourselves to feel good throughout the day no matter what our circumstances are will bring more feel good situations into our lives and allow us to live way more authentically. Be true to who are!
7. Trust Your Self – Trust all the little messages you receive throughout the day, whether you hear it, feel it or “see” it, this is your intuition speaking to you – Trust it and honor it!
8. Let go of expectations – This goes for both expecting too much of yourself and others – just let go of expectations, this leads to relationships that feel great and it leads to accepting and loving yourself so much more because you are no longer putting unrealistic pressure on yourself. Just let go!
9. Appreciate who you are – You are amazing and you are always doing awesome things, so take note of all of it. Everyday write down 5 things you appreciate either about yourself or small acts you did during the day that you really appreciate accomplishing – better yet try a mix of both. This increases your self-worth and your worth isn’t necessarily in your accomplishments it’s in who you are and how much you appreciate who you are. Acknowledging both what you do and who you are is a great way to boost your self-confidence and really feel good about YOU!
10. Connect with your Inner Child – Really learn to mother yourself and create that maternal bond for your inner child. Most of us have an inner child that is seeking love, safety and support. You can start giving that to your inner child by talking to her, letting her know that she is safe, supported, understood and totally loved.
11. Honor your emotions – No matter what you are feeling you need to honor it; let yourself feel the pain, hurt, anger, sadness, happiness, joy, gratitude, etc. The best way to do this is to write it all out – if you’re pissed write it out – get it all out there and then you will easily be able to let it go and move forward.
12. Connect with your Heart – Your heart is your center and it possesses all kinds of love that is waiting to open up to you, so connect with it. Listen to your heart, place your hand on the center of your chest and feel your heart beat, feel your self-breathing in and out. Just connect.
13. Relax – Take a bath, watch TV, go ahead and pamper yourself; relaxing allows you to do everything you need to get done much easier. The next time you are tense or feeling stressed out, take a minute and just say to yourself “Relax”.
14. Stay in the moment – Being in the moment gives your life balance, pleasure and flow. If you find yourself thinking way to much about all you need to get done take a moment and connect to your breath and simply say to yourself: “I am in this moment, this moment is all that there is”. Then go back to what you were doing, you will feel 10 times better!
15. Give your Self the gift of Time – Time is a gift and most of the time we are doing things for everyone else and who gets left out of the mix? You do! So take a look at your busy schedule and start penciling in some “me” time – you deserve it and more than that you need it! If you want to give to everyone else you have to start giving to yourself first.
16. Celebrate!! – Just celebrate, celebrate with your kids, yourself, your partner; find or schedule some time each week to be in the spirit of celebration and unity – everything about you is worth celebrating!
Above are visuals from the Zen magazine fashion shoot showcasing Queen E. collection’s “Vividly Royal” SS’15 Collection.
Photo credits: Photographs by Oye Diran, Modeled by Sira Kante and Marsha Larose, Styled by Kade Henderson, Hairstyling by Tracy Ekong, Makeup by Moshoodat